10 setembro 2005

Entrevista a Brandon

Inserido na campanha da GAP, Brandon Boyd respondeu a um pequeno questionário sobre as suas preferências desde musica até à comida. Fica aqui o texto todo:

Who is your favorite musical artist?
Jeff Buckley.

Why Jeff Buckley?
When he came out everyone was a little afraid to commit. Well not everybody, but a lot of popular artists were afraid to commit completely to what they were doing. They kind of used irony as a sheet around them, kind of protecting them from having to own up to what they said. Jeff Buckley. Not only did he have one of the best voices I have ever heard, he was one hundred percent committed to what he was doing. He was unabashedly romantic in his lyrics and the way he sang. He got some flack for it while he was alive, and it sucks because when someone dies people start to say maybe he was awesome and they begin to analyze it differently. For those reasons, and I can go on forever about the guy.

Was he an influence on you?
His voice has been influential to a lot of current artists, to people who might not even admit it really. Just his range and where he would even try to go with his voice. The guts to go from one octave to two above. Not a lot of people are doing that...so also his falsetto influence has influenced me as well.

How about your favorite actor?
My favorite actor. This is tough for me. I'm kind of noncommittal with my favorite things. I would say one of them is Gary Oldman. He rocked in Harry Potter. Awesome.

What about your favorite book?
My favorite book right now is Perfume by Patrick Suskind.

Your favorite city. I guess LA.
L.A. is one of my favorite cities. But I'm biased. I like NY. I like San Francisco. Those are a few. I'm too easy. I should get a little rigid in my old age.

What's your favorite food?
My favorite food is Mexican food.

And your favorite drink is a margarita?
No, my favorite drink is Newcastle. Not with Mexican food, it's too heavy, but yeah, that's my favorite drink.

What about your favorite color?
I'm just going to pick one. Black.

What's your favorite sound?
Probably...that's a hard one. Should I just pick one...808, a bass trigger, but it has to be really loud and standing in front of the speaker.

And last, but not least, your favorite article of clothing?
My favorite article of clothing would have to be underwear. It protects you, it keeps the jeans from chafing you, and it absorbs sweat. It's all important. Without underwear, we would still be in the dark ages.

NOTA de Blogger: Jeff Buckley é de facto alguém irrepetível! R.I.P.

Sem comentários: